Mulligans Golf Association
HomeEventsMembersrulesLinksAbout UsContact Us
Membership

Membership  >  MGA Point Ranking System

MGA's Point Ranking System

Since its inception, MGA has always try to introduce new and innovative concepts to enhance the membership experience. Over the last couple of years we have drastically enhanced our already awesome website with more content about events and our members. We are also trying to implement ideas and suggestions we receive from members. One such suggestion included finding a structure where a member's efforts at each tournament will count towards something bigger. Another noteworthy suggestion revolves around participating in various NCGA tournaments. Below is a new point ranking system that addresses both of these concepts. We are implementing this systems for the 2005 season.

In 2005, one of our main goals is to encourage player participation at all of our events. This cumulative scoring system will do just that. As outlined in the chart below, the top twelve (12) finishers from both Gross and Net scores will receive points based on the position of their finish. Of course, points will be awarded for minimum participation, and no points will be awarded to those who don't play at our events. The breakdown of points are as follows:

PLACE
POINTS
PERCENTAGE
1st
120
24%
2nd
85
17%
3rd
65
13%
4th
50
10%
5th
40
8%
6th
35
7%
7th
30
6%
8th
25
5%
9th
20
4%
10th
15
5%
11th
10
2%
12th
5
1%
All others
1

Now, to qualify for the Masters...

- you must be an MGA member in good standing
- you must play in at least three (3) qualifying tournaments (stroke play or best ball formats)
- points awarded for those three (3) tournaments will amount to 60% of the final end-of-the-year score, and the Master's tournament score will account for the remaining 40%
- if you participate in more than three (3) qualifying tournaments, then the 3 best scores will used. This offers members who participate more with an advantage to increase their average.

Gross and Net rankings will be posted online after each tournament. This system will establish a ranking ladder within the club which, in turn, will determine who can represent MGA at NCGA tournaments. Players at the top of the ladder will have first right of refusal to participate in such tournaments.

20% (Best tournament finish) + 20% (2nd best tournament finish) + 20% (3rd best tournament finish) + 40% (Master's Tournament) = End of the year score

For example, if we took last year's data, E-ming went into the Master's tournament with the highest point total with the 3 best tournament finishes. He really benefited from dropping his worst outing. He would have retained his #1 position even though he did not win the Masters. Clint was a close second in the ranking but miss the Masters which dropped him all the way back to fourth place.

This will determine who will receive the coveted Player of the Year award along with all the various awards that will be presented at the end of the year. This will be a great way to track your progress, understand exactly how you stand before the Master's tournament, and for the bragging rights to all those below your name. This new system will certainly add some excitement to the club experience and hopefully motivate participation in all events.

We are going to all new courses this year to drive attendance so please promote and participate each event to your friends and family. Make sure you show appreciation to the board members who have worked so hard on their own free time to set this up by showing up and participating.

Please send any feedback and questions about this new ranking system. We will be happy to go over all of this with you at the next tournament.

  Quick Links
Post a scorePost a score
Your Handicap IndexYour handicap index
Your Handicap Index2005 Member Ranking




 
 
Home | Events | Members | Rules | Links | About Us | Contact Us

2002-2005 Mulligans Golf Association. All rights reserved. | Design by James Yong